Physician speed and efficiency are key to achieving the best possible profitability for your practice. SuccessEHS contributes to achieving physician speed in a number of ways including use of the iPad, use of the iPhone, and implementation of Speech Recognition technology.
"SuccessEHS for iPad," an application allowing full access to all features and functions of the SuccessEHS system on the iPad, is currently in production and available in the Apple Store. (Ownership of SuccessEHS is a prerequisite.)
- Clinicians can carry the iPad into the exam room with no cords and no reason to plug into an Ethernet system. There is no more need for desktops in exam rooms or even for nurses in terms of documenting encounters.
- The iPad has a battery life of approximately 10 hours, so the machine can stay with the clinician all day.
PHYSICIANS' SPEED IS IMPROVED BY THE ABILITY TO:
- Create and maintain patient records.
- Create complete billing (which is optimized by the system).
- Complete patient notes using Speech Recognition (described in detail below).
- Access the Web and show information or pictures to patients detailing their conditions.
- Access patient delay information to speed the workflow process.
- Access an Executive Digital Actionboard which provides a fast snapshot of the practice's or community health center's operations (with drill-down capabilities).
- Enter lab orders and review lab results (including checking on delays).
NURSE PRODUCTIVITY IS INCREASED BY:
- Accessing information from any phone or station.
- Scheduling urgent visits from the exam room.
Using the iPhone for Remote Access
The ability to check your schedule, review patient records or add a new patient while away from the office or making rounds is an invaluable way to stay productive and speed you through your day. Support of the iPhone (or a similar device) should include:
- Patient Records
- Add patients
- Review Records and Speech Recognition for Dictation
- Automation and Security, allowing the phone to synch automatically or on command, and the ability to secure with a password
Finally, the iPhone application you select should provide:
- At-a-glance patient summary
- Any encounter-specific ICD-9s and CPTs,
- All vital sign entries for that encounter,
- All medications and allergies,
- The encounter-specific clinical note,
- The encounter-specific general note, and
- The encounter-specific MEDCIN note.·
If your vendor's remote access solution does not include all of this functionality, it simply does not measure up and you should consider a vendor that can provide these capabilities. Try searching on "physician speed and practice management" in Google for a list of vendors that specialize in physician speed applications for platforms like the iPhone.
With the integration of Nuance SpeechMagic™ into SuccessEHS, providers can significantly reduce or eliminate transcription costs based on their chosen method of implementation. SpeechMagic was designed to specifically fulfill the digital dictation and speech recognition needs of the healthcare professional. With its industrial-grade speech recognition technology, SpeechMagic frees up critical resources for more meaningful tasks and added productivity.
SPEECHMAGIC AND THE PROVIDER
The integration of SpeechMagic into SuccessEHS helps providers better utilize their time. With nurses capturing critical encounter information such as vitals, history, current medications and allergies and adverse reactions, a provider can spend more time with the patient. The provider can quickly review that data and use SpeechMagic to document other portions of the encounter, such as the Assessment and Plan. After the encounter, providers can opt to either review and correct the transcribed encounter note or forward it to a correctionist for editing. Finally, providers are able to quickly review and sign off on the encounter's documentation.
SPEECHMAGIC AND PRACTICE WORKFLOW
The integration between SpeechMagic and SuccessEHS streamlines the practice workflow and provides efficiencies. With a drastically simplified workflow, there is no danger of losing dictation; no need to pull patient charts, insert transcribed notes or stack paper records on the physician's desk for review. A smoother workflow fosters better quality of care, allowing the provider to spend more time with the patient and less time documenting the encounter. The provider can review the encounter notes from any PC with internet connectivity, leading to faster turnarounds on the documentation.
SpeechMagic is a network-based, powerful speech recognition software package seamlessly integrated into SuccessEHS. This centralized architecture positions SpeechMagic to deliver the flexibility providers need to dictate from multiple workstations, share vocabularies and take advantage of roaming voice profiles. Hosting SpeechMagic on a central server eliminates the need to install resource-intensive client applications on one or more workstations. With the work done at the server level, there is no need for a high-powered workstation at every potential access point.